Anyone else feel like they are cleaning their house more than usual? I’m wiping door knobs, refrigerator handles and kitchen counters like mad. This DIY recipe for cleaning wipes has made clean-up so much quicker. And it’s so easy!
1 roll of (quality) paper towels
1 air tight jar for towels
2 cups distilled water
1 cup isopropyl alcohol (at least 70% concentration)
2 tsp Dawn dish soap
Optional: Essential oil
- Find a jar that the towels will fit into. (My roll was already about half way done, so I used a cute glass one. But next time I will re-purpose an old protein shake jar. The mouth is wider so it will easily fit a whole roll.)
- Cut paper towel roll to fit inside jar (with a serrated knife is best).
- In a separate bowl mix the distilled water, alcohol and dish soap. (I wanted to use the essential oil for the scent, but the alcohol is so strong, it would have taken a ton of oil to make a difference. I wasn’t willing to use 50+ drops of oil and it doesn’t need it for cleaning purposes. Totally your preference.)
- Insert paper towel roll into jar and pour the mixture over the towels, especially soaking the center.
- When the center cardboard is wet, pull it out of the roll.
- Pull up towels from center.
- Start cleaning!