This Oreo Cookie Ice Cream Cake recipe is simple, but looks like you slaved over your master piece for hours. It tastes amazing too. If Oreo’s aren’t your favorite, get creative and try a different kind of cookie.
Oreo Cookie Ice Cream Cake
- 1 package of Oreo cookies (I prefer double stuf, but any variety will work)
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup hot fudge topping
- 1 quart of vanilla ice cream
- 1 can of whipped cream
- maraschino cherries and mini chocolate chips for garnish
- Crush half of the cookies to make crumbs. I do this by filling a Ziploc with the cookies and smashing them with a heavy ice creams scoop.
- Combine crumbs with melted margarine and press into the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Spread 3/4 cup fudge topping over crust.
- Stand remaining Oreos around the edge of the pan.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Soften ice cream on the counter or in the microwave.
- After crust is chilled, spread softened ice cream over fudge layer.
- Freeze until firm, 4 hours or over night.
- Before serving, garnish with toppings, including a swirl of hot fudge, sprinkles of mini chocolate chips, dollops of whipped cream, and cherries.