Before the turkey is even cold, people will be out shopping for Black Friday (Thursday?) deals. We can all agree that we don’t like the infringing on the Thanksgiving holiday. But some may also agree that the hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping is so much fun! I’d be lying if I said I haven’t listened to Christmas music yet.
I am a recovering Black Friday marathon shopper. Yes, there are deals to be had, but truth be told, if you’re a savvy shopper, you can get similar deals before and after the crazy weekend. I prefer to go out just for the fun (?) of people watching now. I will definitely be doing some online shopping though.
My favorite Black Friday ad resource
Theblackfriday.com has copies of all the ads in one place!
My favorite “deal” website
Dealnews.com even has a Black Friday page. Search what you’re looking for (eg: Samsung 55 tv) and it will bring up everywhere it is on sale and for how much.
My favorite places to shop on Black Friday
Target– they are giving a 20% off coupon if you spend $50 on Friday. Who doesn’t need 20% off an entire purchase at Target!? (affiliate link)
Cost Plus World Market- they have a lot of buy one, get one and half off deals. They are always serving cookies and coffee and it’s not busy! It’s just a fun way to get into the spirit of Christmas shopping.
Ulta- my list is $100 long and very little of it is gifts. I will definitely do this online.
Kohls- I never need anything and always get suckered in…..again, definitely online. Just thinking of going there on the day-of gives me a bit of a panic attack.
Ace Hardware- they usually have a good coupons (1 item 50% off!) and great guy gifts and I love their Christmas decor selection. And again, they are not busy….
Don’t forget the smaller shops and companies that offer services
My daughter’s dance studio is offering an awesome deal for current members and I’m sure other companies who offer heater tune-ups, food delivery, etc will be offering deals too. Don’t delete all those emails the next few days!
You may need to follow these on social media to get their coupon code deals, but small shops will be having deals too! Here are a few of my favorites.
Create Hope Cuffs– Great leather jewelry with inspirational messages. I love mine and can’t wait for the sale to grab another!
Pure Vida– I have no idea what the fascination is with these bracelets but on sale makes them way easier to justify!
Barnabas Clothing– check it out- I love these shirts and their messaging!
- Check the websites of your favorite stores to find out when online and in-store sales begin. They may have already!
- Don’t have a coupon? Google it! Retail-Me-Not is my favorite go-to for coupons but there are a lot of coupon websites out there.
- Forgot your coupon at home? Tell the cashier and see if they can help you out. Bath and Body Works honored my coupon that was at home on the kitchen counter. Macy’s is good about this too.
- Weigh how much the sale is really worth your time in line. I mean really…..I love a good deal but not at the price of my time and sanity.
- Afraid of missing a deal on a specific item? You can often do online shopping with in-store pick up. I did this for the 99 cent poinsettias at Lowe’s one year. I didn’t have to wait in line and fight (yes fight) for the flowers. So that whole, “weighing if it’s worth it thing?” We ended up buying 10 silk poinsettia plants to line our porch and no longer have to buy fresh ones each year. Got them on sale with a coupon at Michael’s, of course.
- Go with a friend so you can stand in line for each other while the other shops. It’s way more fun with others, as long as you agree on your plan!
- Buy online from places with free shipping. Hello, Amazon Prime and Target. Paying for shipping is so 1990’s.
- Just because it’s in the ad does not mean it is the lowest price of the season, or even on sale. How do you think Kohl’s and Walmart build 60 page ads? Think of it more as a “browse all the things we carry” instead of a, “oh my gosh this is the best deal ever” kind of thing.
- Keep it all in perspective. It’s shopping. Nobody is going home in a body bag. Well, hopefully not. Have fun and don’t take it too seriously!
When all else fails, you know Amazon will probably have it! 🙂 (affiliate link)