Never did I think I would see the day that my dad and I would be exchanging recipes. But retirement led him into grocery shopping duties, and low and behold, one day he made me a copy (which was another amazing feat that he could work the scanner) of some new recipes he had been trying. This Asian Chicken Noodle Salad became a favorite in my house and I think of him every time I make it. It’s cut out from a magazine, so I can’t credit where it came from. But the dressing recipe is all my own- yay me! This salad is tasty and refreshing and perfect for these warm spring/summer nights.
Asian Chicken Noodle Salad
- 1 box whole wheat linguine (13.25 oz)
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in bite-size pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped sesame sticks
- Asian salad dressing (use recipe below or Annie’s Naturals Organic Dressing Asian Sesame)
- Cook pasta, set aside
- Combine all ingredients (minus the sesame sticks- they get soggy)
- Allow to chill for at least 30 minutes to allow the dressing to soak in
- Sprinkle with sesame sticks and enjoy
My Amazing Asian Dressing
I’m pretty proud of myself regarding this creation. One night we wanted to make this salad but we were almost out of dressing. So I looked at the label, and thanks to Annie’s for having ingredients that I can pronounce, I was able to do a darn good job of recreating it. Let me know what you think!
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring regularly.
- After boiling begins, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- This makes a little more than you need for the salad, but the noodles tend to soak up the dressing, so no harm in using all of it.
[…] dressing and I will be set! This salad would cost me $15 at a restaurant! So I whipped up some Asian dressing (yes, it is that fast, try it!!) and quickly had a yummy lunch ready to […]