I’ll admit, the broccoli smell is strong and it doesn’t look as pretty as a dish of scalloped potatoes. But what it lacks in presentation, it makes up for in amazing taste. Perfectly satisfying for a cold day!
- 2 ½ cups cubed ham (I prefer to buy pre-diced with no nitrates- it’s a 12 oz package)
- 3 potatoes cut into ¼ inch round slices*
- 1 can of cream of potato soup** (I’ve used cream of celery and cream of chicken too and it tasted great)
- 1 can of water
- 2 cups of broccoli
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients into slow cooker
- Cook on low for 8 hours
*Potatoes can turn black if they are frozen (appetizing, I know!). If you are making this for freezer meals, this adds an extra step. To prevent your potatoes from turning black, after slicing, blanch potatoes for 4-5 minutes and then immediately put them into an ice water bath. Wait until they cook down to add to your recipe. It’s worth the extra step, I promise.
**Cream of anything tends to be loaded with extra ingredients that I can’t pronounce. At the very least, try to find one without MSG.