I love anything lemon. Add a little sugar and I’m hooked. These Chex were inspired by the Chex Muddy Buddy recipe. But instead of peanut butter, I use lemon! Note, this could be made with lemon juice but I find the moisture makes for almost instant stale Chex. So this recipe uses lemon essential oil. Make sure the essential oil you are using is food grade! I use Doterra because I know that I can trust their quality.
Chex Lemon Buddies
- waxed paper
- 10 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 bag white chocolate chips (about 1.5 cups)
- ¼ cup butter
- 10 drops lemon essential oil (food grade!)
- 1 tsp canola oil (optional)
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl microwave chips and butter for 1 minute and stir. Microwave in 30 second intervals until the mixture is smooth. If you'd like your mixture a bit more runny, add in the oil. But this is not necessary for this recipe to still taste amazing!
- Mix in lemon essential oil. Adjust based on how lemon-y you like it!
- Mix in cereal, stirring in intervals to be sure all cereal is coated.
- Pour cereal mixture into a large resealable bag.
- Add powdered sugar and seal bag. Shake until well-coated.
- Spread out on waxed paper to cool and store in an airtight container.