How does the landscape of your refrigerator look? Brimming with bottles or baron? I am a sauce girl so mine is usually packed. But then I find myself throwing away half used bottles that get old. And then when I do want teriyaki sauce, I don’t seem to have it on hand. I finally remedied this problem by making my own! This is so simple that I can’t believe I’ve been buying bottled all these years. Now you can make your own too with a few simple ingredients!
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- Add the water, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, ginger and garlic powder to a sauce pan and warm on medium heat.
- Separately, mix cornstarch into cold water and stir until smooth
- When the mixture on the stove top begins to bubble, stir in cornstarch mixture
- Mix completely (add in the the seeds if using) and take off of heat
- Serve immediately