Since the cool weather has finally hit here, it was time to put away summer strappy shoes and sun dresses for the season. But when I approached my closet it threatened to swallow me whole if I didn’t clean up. My overwhelming amount of jeans were staring me in the face and I admit, there were about 20 pairs and I really wear about two. So fine. I piled them on my bed and started trying them on. It wasn’t the most fun I’d ever had. Things I learned:
- Umm, when did bootcut go out of style? And why are eight of my jeans this cut? How old are they? Don’t be offended if you still wear them. They just looked ridiculous on my body.
- Speaking of which, either the rear of most my jeans have shrunk, or mine has grown. Husband says it’s a good thing. But, ugh.
- Don’t do this the day before Aunt Flow arrives. I admit that some of the jeans no longer fit, but feeling bloated didn’t help. I should have waited another week when I feel pretty again.
- If you have a favorite pair of jeans, where the heck out of them. I mean it. All the time. Until there are holes. I had a pair of Lucky jeans that (used to) fit me perfectly and I felt amazing in them. But I didn’t wear them too often because I was afraid I’d wear them out. Now they don’t fit great and the cut isn’t my style. So, so sad.
- It’s really hard to get rid of expensive jeans. But if they barely fit two years ago when I bought them, they definitely aren’t going to fit now. No matter how “in shape” I am, my shape is changing. I knew I should have sent them back for a bigger size. But we get so silly about a number!
- When it’s hard to part with jeans, you must admit that you only need so many pairs of “camping jeans” (or yard work jeans, painting jeans, etc.). Luckily, I realized that the jeans in the trailer probably don’t fit anymore so it was a wash.
- When all else fails, order leggings. I am enjoying a darling pair of Lysse leggings that hold everything in. The control top probably wouldn’t feel so tight if I didn’t have so much top to control, but loving them nonetheless!
In case you’re wondering what jeans I DID keep, I will tell you that I still probably don’t need them all but dumping 15 pairs seemed criminal. So I kept about eight. My new favorite pair, that I promise to wear til the knees wear out, are skinny jeans by Just Black. Thank you Stitch Fix for helping me find brands to love, like Lysse and Just Black. If you’re itching to try Stitch Fix, I will give a shameless plug here for you to use my link: https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/7926071?sod=w&som=c
When was the last time you went through your closet? It’s a good time to clear out the whole family’s before new stuff comes for Christmas!