When I met my husband, he could make one thing, and that was a spicy, smooth salsa that he had adapted from his grandpa’s recipe. He had me at Mexican food. I love many kinds of salsas, but this one reminds me most of authentic salsa that you get in a Mexican restaurant- only better. He has perfected it over the years and was sweet enough to make me a batch to blog about. Just in time for Cinco de Mayo. Or a weekend BBQ. Or just because you love salsa.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 10-15 green onions (chopped)
- 1/3 yellow onion (cubed)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cilantro ( I use a big handful)
- 2 Serrano peppers
- Blend first seven ingredients- don’t over blend!
- Add cilantro and one pepper- pulse until cilantro is chopped up
- Taste, add 2nd pepper if you want it spicier
Serve this up on some fish tacos or fresh tortilla chips.